Many agencies often waste valuable time sifting through various systems and even duplicating work. Communication is key to managing an account team, but this goal is often difficult without a set system in place.
According to the Project Management Institute, “Highly effective communicators are more likely to deliver projects on time (71 percent versus 37 percent) and within budget (76 percent versus 48 percent).” That’s a pretty big deal.
Account managers often discuss their struggles trying to keep track of projects while also balancing the management of their account teams. To help solve this common issue, consider implementing a comprehensive project management system to help streamline your day-to-day operations.
- Do you spend endless hours sorting through email chain after email chain trying to figure out the status for each project you’re managing?
- Do you struggle to identify the number of billable hours each team member spends on each project?
- Are you strained at the end of the day spending too much time searching for that one document you swore you saved in a specific folder?
Then buckle up, because here’s a solution for you!
…Ok, enough of the cheesy infomercial dramatizations. The truth is, project management software can help agencies manage their accounts more efficiently.
Below, we’ve outlined a handful of features that WorkflowMax offers to help agencies better manage their projects and account teams. For the full list of features, visit www.workflowmax.com/workflow-software.
The job manager feature in WorkflowMax offers a snapshot of:
- A quick look at jobs for the week.
- The exact date a project is due.
- Overdue jobs that need to be dealt with immediately.
- A visual overview of job status.
The Job Manager also flags important dates for each project in the agency, to provide insight into:
- The team members responsible for each part of the project.
- Detailed overview of actual time spent against quoted time—so there are no surprises when you send clients their invoices.
- Milestones and tasks have been completed.
This insight helps agencies forecast time needed each month, and also sends email notification reminders help ensure that you never miss a deadline.
WorkflowMax’s Document Management feature enables agencies to upload and share documents from a variety of document management tools. The email collaboration feature also enables you to "Forward" or "CC" emails to your jobs and quotes, so they can be easily stored as notes or documents. This means no more wasted time searching for documents or sifting through emails (double win).
At WorkflowMax, we offer six flexible time entry options for users, plus we integrate with several third party time tracking widgets (such as Adobe, Stopwatch, Eon, Actual and EndGame)—so there is never an excuse for missing timesheets, and you always have insight into who is working on specific projects.
With WorkflowMax’s timesheet feature, you can:
- Assigned jobs and delegate tasks.
- Lock timesheets for simple employee time management. This prevents employees from editing timesheets after they have already been submitted.
- Easily review job details, so you know how much time is being spent on specific projects and which jobs need more attention.
This feature also offers a insight into each team member’s allocated time, helping a
gencies better manage each employee’s workload.
What tips do you have to help keep your team running smoothly and efficiently?