The Task Manager provides a complete view of all the tasks across all jobs that each staff member should currently be working on. To view your Task Manager go to Jobs, and click on Task Manager. On the left side of the screen there are options for you to choose how far into the future you want your tasks to be displayed.
From the Task Manager, you can view just your tasks or all tasks on all jobs (depending on your privileges). There is also a filter which allows you to filter your tasks by job state and category. To see these different views, simply click on the My Task tab or the All Tasks tab. In addition you can also group tasks by Due Date (the default) or Job or Start date. You can do this by clicking on the + Options button and selecting your preference. Any changes to the filter will apply next time the Task Manager is viewed.
Please note that only uncompleted tasks from "current" jobs are listed in the Task Due screen. When you filter, the task results will show the following information for each task :
- Its name (clicking on this will take you to the task details)
- The to-do items
- The ability to add further to-do items
- A button showing you the number of notes against the task (if there are any)
- A button allowing you to add a note
- The staff assigned to the task (and any time allocation)
- A progress bar showing the estimated vs actual time (hint showing numbers)
- If the staff member has been explicitly allocated time against the task their estimated vs actual time is also displayed as a progress bar
In addition to this, if you have the appropriate privileges you can:
- Complete tasks, and
- Complete to-do items
When items are completed they are removed from the Task due display, and when all the items in a group are completed that group is also removed from the display.
When displaying tasks by Due Date, they are displayed in the order of Due Date, then Job Priority to ensure the high priority tasks due on that day are displayed first. The date heading for overdue tasks is displayed in red to clearly identify overdue tasks.
When displaying tasks grouped by Job, the jobs are ordered by Due Date, Job Priority, and then Client. The heading for overdue jobs is displayed in red.
When displaying tasks by Start Date, the jobs are ordered by start date. Any overdue tasks will still be displayed with a red heading.