Our previous areas of focus continue, with several long-term projects underway where we’re investing in the foundations to ensure our ability to scale the platform, and keep your data safe and secure. This is important work to allow us to move at pace.Whilst we’re working on longer term projects, we’re also committed to our Love stream of work, delivering customer facing value to enhance the user experience.
Love stream of work
We’ve been working on a series of invoicing enhancements which you might have seen in our last post. Some items are completed already, and the rest are coming soon.
Invoicing enhancements include:
- Importing of “Overpayments” and “Prepayment” payment types from Xero against your invoices
- Map your tasks and costs to accounts or tracking categories in Xero based on your job category, for multi-job (bulk) invoices
- “Remove” from WIP list will have an option to “remove and update job state”
- Ability to configure how your invoice is sent to Xero - consolidated (single-line total), tasks and costs of the same name, exclude non-billable items
- Create a bulk invoice across more than one job from the WIP list and invoice manager (coming soon)
- Email template for sending invoices (coming soon)
What we're working on right now
We’re also close to releasing some improvements to Document management. These will help you manage your attachments on the go, and support our customers already using the great features of Dropbox, who are wanting to switch to use team folders for enhanced collaboration.
- Dropbox Team Folder support
- Add attachments on Mobile
Design and research
Reporting updates we are currently validating for later this year:
- Review the current reports and remove or update any duplicated or confusing reports
- Review sample templates
- Add job costs to WIP ledger details
- Improvements to the report builder reports - currently in design
There’s a lot more planned that we’re in the process of validating, and we’ll be posting an update later this year of what’s coming up. Please leave your comments below and thanks for your continued support.