On December 2nd we will be rolling out our new Work In Progress Ledger.
Or view the recorded webinar here.
This is a significant release and all users will be impacted. Given the impact of the release we felt it important to start the education process early prior to the new functionality making it into production.
The new Work In Progress (WIP) ledger forms the underlying framework of the billing engine moving forward. With the WIP ledger in place we can build out a series of new in depth reports and functionality to understand exactly what is available to be invoiced at any point now and historically, as well as determining the recoverability of each staff member irrespective of how you have invoiced.
The WIP ledger stores each time sheet and cost entry made against a job with the corresponding date of entry. The date of any invoicing and the date of any write on/off against each transaction is also stored.
The vast majority of this development is all 'under the hood', so there isn't much to see. However on top of the WIP ledger release, we have included the following additional functionality:
- Job WIP Balances Report - Allows users to report on the value of Work In Progress across all jobs at any historical date
- Generate a Work In Progress control report which will detail opening and closing WIP balances and the value of any time, disbursement and interim invoices added between these periods
- Drastically improved performance of WIP calculation. Running a report detailing what is available to be invoiced will now take seconds not minutes.
- There is an option to close off periods if you want. The new WIP lock dates in Preferences means that you can have confidence that the WIP calculation for this period will not be affected by any attempted changes to invoice or rate data in the future
- Improved Write On/Off control - so you can know prior to approving an invoice the value of any write on/off on a job
- Irrespective of how you invoice ie fixed price, actual time or quoted you will still be able to report accurately on the WIP balance for the job and the value of time billed per staff member
- Wash-up process on a job allows you to clear out WIP without generating a zero valued invoice
We will be running six webinars to cover off the changes in detail, so please do register via our Events page here to ensure you are completely up to speed with the changes once they are launched.
The Help centre and video tutorials will be updated covering off the changes in some depth across the rest of the month, however if you have any questions or concerns the support team are here to help.